As followers of Jesus, we need to keep our faith levels high and be an example to those around us during the coronavirus crisis.
1. Don’t go into fear or panic. If you have, repent!
2. Remember that storms can wake us up spiritually
3. Make sure you are not trusting in things that can be shaken
4. Trust in Jesus, the one who can calm the storm around you and in you
5. Be careful what you feed your mind on
6. Feed on the Word of God!
7. Let this be a warning to you – a greater shaking is coming and we all need to be ready
8. Stand on the solid ROCK (Jesus) that cannot be moved or shaken
9. Trust in the Lord with all your heart
10. Shine brightly and be a living example of the life of Jesus to the people around you
We all have the opportunity to be in a better state AFTER the covid-19 storm than we were BEFORE the storm!
Psalm 62:5-6 – Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Matthew 8:23-27 – Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”
Hebrews 12:25-27 – See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven?
At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.”
The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain.